You do not have to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to take Youth Protection training.
To take Youth Protection training go to My.Scouting.org and create an account. You’ll receive an email notification with your account information, including a member ID/reference number.
From the My.Scouting.org portal, click Menu then My Dashboard from the menu list. The My Training page displays to take Youth Protection training. Upon completion, you may print a training certificate to submit with a volunteer application. Your training will automatically be updated in our system and associated with the member ID/reference number issued when you created the account.
To learn more: http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
(2) “Merit Badge Counselor“, “Scoutmaster“, and “Troop Committee” training:
Check out this revamped BSA training tool.
Once you login, the training is personalize to you and you can see your progress.
How do you access the site?
- Go to my.scouting.org
- Login In (Username and Password)
- Create Account
- From there, click on the BSA Learn Center on the right side of the screen.
- From there you can access the different courses sorted by programs.
- Recommend scrolling down to “PROGRAM SPECIFIC TRAINING” and click on “Boy Scouting”
- You will see ‘Merit Badge Counselor“, “Scoutmaster“, and “Troop Committee” training.
- Click on “Add Plan” under the training of your choice and begin.
If you need help, at the top of the page click into the choices under “How To”
The online courses are FREE.
Download the PositionTrainedRequirementsasofMay8 as a great reference plan.